Friday, November 7, 2008

Halloween Time 2008

Carving Pumpkins the Monday before Halloween. Everyone is all smiles until they figure out they have to be gutted first.

Lindsay enjoyed making hers with dad.
Emma..."are you kidding me...I have to put my hand in there?"
Brad..."almost done here, just a little bit more...yuck."
All finished, L-R: Brad's, Mom's, Emma's and Lindsay's (with dad's help)
Halloween Night: Ready for Trick Or Treating
Indiana Jones (Brad), Belle (Emma) and Cinderella (Lindsay)
I finished the girls dresses long before Halloween and they played in them everyday before. Brad's costume I was sewing on the jacket, shirt and pouch until the literal last minute. Next year I'll get them all finished early!
"Erella" as Lindsay fondly refers to her. All ready for the royal ball. Added touch the turtleneck to keep warm.

Belle has been singing her little heart out and loves to pretend she is a princess.
Indiana Jones ready for adventure. He went out with his friend Hunter to their neighborhood and then ours. He had a blast.

I took the girls out and Lindsay was so cute... she would say "an treat, please." And then follow with a "thank you" and "bye" with a princess wave. Emma was darling helping Lindsay along the way. Emma also wanted me to tell every house about her thumb. (See previous post.) I wonder if she was subconsciously playing the sympathy card? Hee, hee. Shane stayed home to give out candy. He set up the yard this year with some scary monsters and our girls were afraid to come home. (No pictures of the yard this year, but I'm sure he'll do it again next year with more added.)

6 comments:

mikebeeson said...

Beck - impressive work on the dresses. Pumpkins look good too, Shane

Emilee said...

oh, those are come great pictures of them in their costumes! gorgeous princesses and jones! fun fun!

Jillyboo said...

OK you are amazing!
Wish we lived close so that I could hire you to teach me.
And thanks for your comment about Olivia, I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers. It means a lot to us all. Hopefully we will be out of here tomorrow.... and Im not looking back.

Mylie said...

You're amazing girl! My sewing is coming a long but it could never be that good! I'm in awe! How are you BTW? We need to talk it's been too long.

Brian Owens said...

Awesome costumes, such talent! And gross nail by the way, yuck! Hope it is doing better.

kgirlsmom said...

The costumes turned out great and I am amazed that you finished the girls' early! That is most impressive. The kids look adorable and Kate just commented that it doesn't even look like Lindsay--she's growing up too fast!