Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Shane was beaming Saturday as we went to Brigham City to purchase his brand new Motorcycle. Shane says he's never had anything BRAND NEW just for him, so I think he was feeling pretty special. Those of you who know me, know that I am petrified of motorcycles. Those of you who know Shane, know that he has always wanted his own hog. So, with gas prices the way they are and Just Because I Love Shane now was a good time to spoil him a bit. So...HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to the one I Love and Adore.
We have been searching for a used cruiser bike for some months now and most of the ones he was interested in were not much less than the new one he finally decided on. So, we went with new, which has it's benefits: you know its never been laid down or in an accident of any kind and it comes with a warranty. It is a 2008 Suzuki Boulevard C50 (800 cc engine) and was taken out of the crate and assembled the day before we picked it up. The odometer had 0.4 miles on it (only because they have to test drive it after they uncrate it.) We have been too busy to get more pictures taken and now Shane is in Indiana with work for a few days. So, more pictures to come. (Don't worry Mom, Shane only takes the kids around the neighborhood SLOWLY and they love, I mean LOVE it.)

4 comments:

The Ball Family said...

The bike looks great!I am so glad you posted a picture of it. Brad never showed me the pictures that Shane sent to his phone.

Mylie said...

I just told Mike I'm so cheap because for his 40th I only bought him a Wii. Did I forget to mention when we were on the phone that he turned 40. Anyway, just thought of that because I got off the phone with you and went to go find him and where was he playing rock band on the Wii of course. And that boy said he didn't want one because he'd never use it.

Nice bike.

Unknown said...

Okay it's a cool looking bike. I can't deny that but be careful PLEASE. We love you Shane and want you around for a long long long long time.

Jenn said...

Awesome! Becky, I am like you as far as the motorcycles go, but that is a nice lookin' hog!! Bill is going to be jealous! Now Shane will need to invest in some nice chaps and a leather vest! ;)