Monday, September 29, 2008

My First Tag (or so I thought)

Cally tagged me with this one thinking I had never been tagged, but little did I know Marci had tagged me 3 weeks ago (see last post.) So Cally's tag...

6 Quirky things about me...

6- I have not read a fictional book cover to cover since I got married (over 12 years) until now...despite my amiable protest I was sucked into the Twilight series and read all four books in 2 weeks. Now I need something else to read...what a great escape from normal everyday life fictional reading is!

5- I was born with blond eyelashes on my right side and brown on my left. So, NOBODY see me without mascara on in public. You might catch me at home though but I usually have my prescription glasses on as a "mask" -Ha, Ha like that hides it.

4-I robbed the cradle. Shane is 1 year and 2 months younger than me.

3-I have epilepsy. But it has been controlled with medication and I have been seizure free for 14 years. I feel pretty blessed there.

2-My hands sweat for no reason and have all my life. Occationally they will be dry, but usually not. I probably need to have some nerve or gland removed to stop it all. So, If I don't shake your hand willingly, I'm not snubbing you. I'm just a bit embarassed by this condition. Good thing Shane doesn't mind. ;)

1-I love to sew. My mom taught me to sew when I was 9 years old, I had my own machine by the time I was 12 (Or was it 14.) Anyway, by the time I was in highschool I was taking different patterns and mixing them up to make my own creations. I just don't have as much time for it with 3 kids...So, Halloween I usually go big and make everything.

Now I tag Jen O, Emily H. and Bonnie (Oh, yeah sis, I'm going get you posting somehow- Kiersten if your mom doesn't you have to. Hee, hee)
Hum, I think I want to tag Shane for his "Garage" too.

5 comments:

Cally said...

becky- i did try, three times!

Brian Owens said...

Am I Jen O? :) I don't know much about this tagging thing.

Jillyboo said...

I wish I could sew. I am planning on making new valances for our kitchen and dining room... thats as crazy as I've ever gotten. And I am doing it when your Mom is here so that I can have some help. Its sad I know. I wish my Mom would have taught me when I was young.

Marci said...

There is a prescription called Drysol that you put on sweaty palms. It dries up the sweat glands.

Brian Owens said...

You didn't put me on the spot. It was kind of fun trying to think of things that make me quirky and really who I am. Thanks for keeping in touch!

Jen