Friday, September 19, 2008

"Squishies"

Lindsay is such a funny kid. She has this thing, um, well, maybe obsession with squishing my arms. She prefers the soft part of the bicep area and it has to be bare skin. NO LONG SLEEVES. She started this shortly after I weaned her. I thought... well, for now it's a security in her time of change, but it stuck with her month after month. If she is sad, or hurt, the first thing out of her mouth is "Squishies, Mommy, Squishies." She wants to snuggle up and squeeze my arms. When I am not home she will "squishy" daddy's arms but if I am home she will take no other but me. Her ultimate favorite is the "double squishy" where she sits on my lap and squeezes both my arms at one time. It just makes us all laugh and brings a huge smile to her face.


3 comments:

Mylie said...

That is too funny! When my mom was in town Lysie kept wanting to play with her wigglies (the part I call the wings aka tricepts). My mom was not so thrilled. She kept telling them to stop picking on Grammy! It was good to catch up the other day!
Love Ya,

My

Jillyboo said...

That is a riot. She just looks so cute there holding onto her Mommy, she is certainly one beautiful girl... man!!!

Brian Owens said...

So amazing to see your family growing up, only seems like last year we were doing Joy School. You all look wonderful! Hope Emma's tooth is okay--teeth are such a pain!